The benefits of a career at Merchants Bank go way beyond a paycheck. From health care to training to an employee association, at Merchants we want to help you meet your life goals.
Please refer to the Our Benefits PDF for eligibility and enrollment information.
Paid Time Off
Paid time off can be used for vacation, sick or personal time.
- Credit toward Safe Deposit Boxes
- Reduced rates and/or fee discounts on loans
- 401(k) Plan — currently matches 100% on the first 3% and matches 50% on the next 3% contributed by the employee.
- Medical Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Supplement insurance with pre-tax premiums through AFLAC
- Dental coverage available for employees and eligible dependents
- Short-term Disability provides for salary continuation for disabilities lasting between one and 26 weeks
- Long-term Disability provides for salary continuation in the event of disability greater than 26 weeks
- Premium Account program allows for medical and/or dental insurance to be paid on a pre-tax basis
- Medical Reimbursement Plan allows for payment of out-of-pocket medical and/or dental expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Term life insurance benefit upon employee's or spouse's death
- Workers Compensation provides salary continuation and payment of medical expenses for work-related injuries
We believe in wellness and offer incentives to encourage employees to participate in healthy lifestyle activities.
Employee Assistance Program
Strictly confidential, non-profit human service program. Provides trained counselors outside the company to work with employees or immediate family members who may need or want professional assistance. Program helps with a variety of problems from stress to alcohol and drug problems or questions. Locations throughout the state. Open to all employees including regular full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees. In addition, EAP can provide referral services regarding child and eldercare, or legal and financial.
Employee Referral Program
Merchants Bank's Employee Referral Program encourages employees to refer qualified applicants to our company. Merchants Bank will pay a cash incentive to an employee referring an external applicant who is then hired for regular employment (on-call and temp positions are not eligible). All full-time and part-time positions are eligible.
- Personal Banker Training Program
- Skills Based Classroom Training
- Online Training Tool
Merchants Bank offers tuition reimbursement to employees who wish to further their education through college courses or Center for Financial Training courses.
This description of benefits is a summary only and is subject to change. Employees of the Bank will have access to summary plan descriptions and additional information concerning all benefits.
Make one half of your monthly mortgage payment every two weeks and you reduce your principal, interest paid and length of repayment. Learn more.
Our Adjustable Rate Mortgages can mean powerful savings-with more money in your pocket each month. Plus, our superior, local customer service gives you added peace of mind. Apply today.
Access over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs around the world-with hundreds right here in Vermont. Learn more.