Check It Out
How to choose and keep a checking account
Part I: 60-90 Minutes
Part II: 60-90 Minutes
By the end of this course, participants will understand how to use a checking account responsibly. To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- State the benefits of using a checking account.
- Determine which checking account is best for you.
- Identify the steps involved in opening a checking account.
- Add and withdraw money from a checking account.
- Reconcile a check register with a bank statement.
- Identify strategies to avoid overdrawing your account.
- Explain how debit cards are linked to checking accounts.
- Recognize how to manage a checking account wisely, with proper debit card use and overdraft programs.
Contact your local branch to set up a Check It Out class for your group, or fill out the form below. Given the importance of face-to-face interaction for our classes, we offer these classes only in geographic proximity to our Vermont-based branch network.
Make one half of your monthly mortgage payment every two weeks and you reduce your principal, interest paid and length of repayment. Learn more.
Pay your bills and do your banking all from your computer–anytime of day or night, any day of the week. Try our free demo or sign up online today.
Get cash back on Debit card purchases, enjoy FREE Online and Mobile Banking. Click here.