Loan To Own
Know what you're borrowing before you buy
By the end of this course, participants will understand the characteristics of consumer installment loans. To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- Identify various types of installment loans.
- Identify the factors lenders use to make home loan decisions.
- Explain federal laws that protect you when applying for a loan.
- Identify the questions to ask when purchasing a car.
- Explain why installment loans cost less than rent-to-own services.
- Explain why it is important to be wary of rent-to-own, payday loan, and refund anticipation services.
- Explain how to guard against predatory lending practices.
Contact your local branch to set up a Loan To Own class for your group, or fill out the form below. Given the importance of face-to-face interaction for our classes, we offer these classes only in geographic proximity to our Vermont-based branch network.
Make payments, check balances and more from your smartphone. Download our free Mobile Banking App here. ($3 monthly fee applies to Free Checking for Life account holders.)
Pay your bills and do your banking all from your computer–anytime of day or night, any day of the week. Try our free demo or sign up online today.
Our range of residential mortgages are maintained and serviced in-house-keeping our Vermont economy healthier. Check today’s rates and get started.