Loan To Own
Know what you're borrowing before you buy
By the end of this course, participants will understand the characteristics of consumer installment loans. To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- Identify various types of installment loans.
- Identify the factors lenders use to make home loan decisions.
- Explain federal laws that protect you when applying for a loan.
- Identify the questions to ask when purchasing a car.
- Explain why installment loans cost less than rent-to-own services.
- Explain why it is important to be wary of rent-to-own, payday loan, and refund anticipation services.
- Explain how to guard against predatory lending practices.
Contact your local branch to set up a Loan To Own class for your group, or fill out the form below. Given the importance of face-to-face interaction for our classes, we offer these classes only in geographic proximity to our Vermont-based branch network.
Whether it’s home improvement, education expenses or a vacation,
put your home’s equity to work for you. Apply online.
The bank’s routing number is: 011600020
Businesses across Vermont choose to work with us for many reasons. We’re sharing 52 of those reasons throughout the year. Click here and see how many we have so far.