To Your Credit
How your credit history will affect your credit future
By the end of this course, participants will understand how to read a credit report and how to build and repair their credit history. To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- Define credit.
- Explain why credit is important.
- Describe the purpose of a credit report and how it is used.
- Order a copy of their credit report.
- Read and analyze their credit report to determine if they are ready to apply for credit.
- Differentiate between “good” and “bad” credit.
- Describe the implications of “good” and “bad” credit scores.
- Identify ways to build and repair your credit history.
- Recognize how to correct errors on your credit report.
- Recognize how to guard against identity theft.
Contact your local branch to set up a To Your Credit class for your group, or fill out the form below. Given the importance of face-to-face interaction for our classes, we offer these classes only in geographic proximity to our Vermont-based branch network.
Get cash back on Debit card purchases, enjoy FREE Online and Mobile Banking, surcharge-free access to 55,000 Merchants Bank and Allpoint ATMs. Click here.
Our 4 Business Checking Accounts give you the option to find the account that best matches your business needs. Learn more.
Businesses across Vermont choose to work with us for many reasons. We’re sharing 52 of those reasons throughout the year. Click here and see how many we have so far.