To Your Credit
How your credit history will affect your credit future
By the end of this course, participants will understand how to read a credit report and how to build and repair their credit history. To achieve this objective, the participants will be able to:
- Define credit.
- Explain why credit is important.
- Describe the purpose of a credit report and how it is used.
- Order a copy of their credit report.
- Read and analyze their credit report to determine if they are ready to apply for credit.
- Differentiate between “good” and “bad” credit.
- Describe the implications of “good” and “bad” credit scores.
- Identify ways to build and repair your credit history.
- Recognize how to correct errors on your credit report.
- Recognize how to guard against identity theft.
Contact your local branch to set up a To Your Credit class for your group, or fill out the form below. Given the importance of face-to-face interaction for our classes, we offer these classes only in geographic proximity to our Vermont-based branch network.
Use your Debit Card to pay for groceries, gas, movie tickets and more. And Rewards Checking customers earn cash back on all Debit Card purchases. Learn more.
Businesses across Vermont choose to work with us for many reasons. We’re sharing 52 of those reasons throughout the year. Click here and see how many we have so far.
Our range of residential mortgages are maintained and serviced in-house-keeping our Vermont economy healthier. Check today’s rates and get started.