There’s no better place to experience the strength and character of New England than through the many towns, cities and government organizations that serve as the backbone of our communities. To support this, Merchants Bank is dedicated to serving the financial needs of our cities, towns and schools. With over 75 years of collective experience, Merchants Bank has a dedicated and experienced team with the proven skills to understand, and meet, the unique and important financial requirements of New England's municipal entities.
Vermont is our community.
Merchants Bank is Vermont’s only independent, statewide bank. For municipalities, this translates into an unmatched ability to accurately understand the local situation and to react quickly and decisively thanks to the active involvement of the decision-makers.
Stability is our calling card.
Merchants Bank remains a safe place to put your money. Relying on the strength of its capital position, Merchants Bank is consistently ranked at the top of all Vermont financial institutions.
The right people, the right products.
Our people deliver the day-to-day industry experience and local knowledge necessary to work with municipalities of all shapes and sizes. Plus, this team draws from our full complement of retail and business banking products – along with specialized municipal offerings – to deliver a customized solution that works. Specialized government banking products include: Premium Money Market Accounts, Municipal Interest Checking Accounts, Short- and Long-Term Loans* and Collateralized Sweep Accounts.
*Must meet Merchants Bank’s eligibility requirements.
- Anita Bourgeois | Senior Vice President—began her banking career in 1990. She has been in Government Banking since 1998.
Phone: 802-865-1641 | 802-279-1627 (c)
- Shelley Quinn | Vice President—began her banking career in 1996. She has been in Government Banking since 2000.
- Phone: 802-865-1644 | 802-881-1267 (c)
- Stacey Tyler | Government Banking Associate—began her banking career in 1992. She has been in Government Banking since 2005.
- Hope Crifo I VP Municipal Lender - began her banking career in 2005. She has been in Government Banking since 2013.
Phone: 802-476-1658 | 802-522-3011 (c)
- Wanda Oczechowski | AVP Account Manager – began her banking career in 1994. She has been in Government Banking since 1996.
Phone: 802-775-3348 I 802 770-0365 (c)
- Kate Whitney | Government Banking Associate - began her banking career in 2013. She has been in the financial industry for over 10 years.
- Kristen Baggs | Cash Management & Government Banking – began her banking career in 2003. She started in Cash Management Support in 2012 and Government Banking in 2016.
Phone: 802.865-1806 (C) 802.922.6466
- Andrea Wolak | AVP Cash Management & Government Banking - began her banking career in 1997. She has been in Government Banking since 2016.
Phone: 802-865-1976 | 802-989-9588 (c)
- Donna M. Easton-Vicalvi | VP Government Banking & Cash Management – worked over twenty years as a municipal treasurer. She has been in Government Banking since 2008 and with Merchants Bank since 2016.
- Sue Fearn | AVP Cash Management & Government Banking - began her banking career in 1982. She has been in Government Banking since 2008.
Phone: 413-787-2712 | 413-505-9598 (c)
MasterCard® Debit Card with complimentary fraud monitoring program. Pay bills, buy gas, groceries, gifts and more.
Sign up for one of our free classes and get the knowledge you need to make smarter financial decisions.
Protect your reputation and reduce expenses. Choose from three levels of personal overdraft protection to help avoid the embarrassment of a declined transaction.