There’s no better place to experience the strength and character of our state than through the many towns, cities and government organizations that serve as the backbone of Vermont. To support this, Merchants Bank is dedicated to serving the financial needs of Vermont’s cities, towns and schools. With over 50 years of collective experience, Merchants Bank has a dedicated and experienced team with the proven skills to understand, and meet, the unique and important financial requirements of Vermont’s municipal entities.
Vermont is our community.
Merchants Bank is Vermont’s only independent, statewide bank. For municipalities, this translates into an unmatched ability to accurately understand the local situation and to react quickly and decisively thanks to the active involvement of the decision-makers.
Stability is our calling card.
Merchants Bank remains a safe place to put your money. Relying on the strength of its capital position, Merchants Bank is consistently ranked at the top of all Vermont financial institutions.
The right people, the right products.
Our people deliver the day-to-day industry experience and Vermont knowledge necessary to work with municipalities of all shapes and sizes. Plus, this team draws from our full compliment of retail and business banking products – along with specialized municipal offerings – to deliver a customized solution that works. Specialized government banking products include: Premium Money Market Accounts, Municipal Interest Checking Accounts, Short- and Long-Term Loans* and Collateralized Sweep Accounts.
*Must meet Merchants Bank’s eligibility requirements.
- Geoffrey Hesslink | Chief Operating Officer & Senior Lender—started his banking career in 1989 and with Merchants in 1994. He manages the Bank’s Government, Commercial and Business Banking divisions and has served as the Senior Lender since 2006.
- Anita Bourgeois | Vice President—began her banking career in 1990. She has been in Government Banking since 1998.
Phone: 802-865-1641 | 802-279-1627 (c)
- Shelley Quinn | Vice President—began her banking career in 1996. She has been in Government Banking since 2000.
- Phone: 802-865-1644 | 802-881-1267 (c)
- Stacey Tyler | Government Banking Administrator—began her banking career in 1992. She has been in Government Banking since 2005.
- Hope Crifo I VP Municipal Lender - began her banking career 8 years ago. She has been in Government Banking since 2013.
Phone: 802-476-1658 | C: 802-522-3011
Attn. Business Customers: Get to know EFTPS.gov: The easiest way to pay your federal taxes.
Our 4 Business Checking Accounts give you the option to find the account that best matches your business needs. Learn more.
Use your Debit Card to pay for groceries, gas, movie tickets and more. And Rewards Checking customers earn cash back on all Debit Card purchases. Learn more.
Pay your bills and do your banking all from your computer–anytime of day or night, any day of the week. Try our free demo or sign up online today.