There’s no better place to experience the strength and character of our state than through the many towns, cities and government organizations that serve as the backbone of Vermont. To support this, Merchants Bank is dedicated to serving the financial needs of Vermont’s cities, towns and schools. With over 50 years of collective experience, Merchants Bank has a dedicated and experienced team with the proven skills to understand, and meet, the unique and important financial requirements of Vermont’s municipal entities.
Vermont is our community.
Merchants Bank is Vermont’s only independent, statewide bank. For municipalities, this translates into an unmatched ability to accurately understand the local situation and to react quickly and decisively thanks to the active involvement of the decision-makers.
Stability is our calling card.
Merchants Bank remains a safe place to put your money. Relying on the strength of its capital position, Merchants Bank is consistently ranked at the top of all Vermont financial institutions.
The right people, the right products.
Our people deliver the day-to-day industry experience and Vermont knowledge necessary to work with municipalities of all shapes and sizes. Plus, this team draws from our full compliment of retail and business banking products – along with specialized municipal offerings – to deliver a customized solution that works. Specialized government banking products include: Premium Money Market Accounts, Municipal Interest Checking Accounts, Short- and Long-Term Loans* and Collateralized Sweep Accounts.
*Must meet Merchants Bank’s eligibility requirements.
- Anita Bourgeois | Vice President—began her banking career in 1990. She has been in Government Banking since 1998.
Phone: 802-865-1641 | 802-279-1627 (c)
- Shelley Quinn | Vice President—began her banking career in 1996. She has been in Government Banking since 2000.
- Phone: 802-865-1644 | 802-881-1267 (c)
- Stacey Tyler | Government Banking Associate—began her banking career in 1992. She has been in Government Banking since 2005.
- Erika Baldasaro I AVP Cash Management & Government Banking - began her banking career in 1997. She has been in Government Banking since 2014.
Phone: 802-652-2035 | 802-922-2536 (c)
- Hope Crifo I VP Municipal Lender - began her banking career in 2005. She has been in Government Banking since 2013.
Phone: 802-476-1658 | 802-522-3011 (c)
- Wanda Oczechowski | AVP Account Manager – began her banking career in 1994. She has been in Government Banking since 1996.
Phone: 802-775-3348 I 802 770-0365 (c)
- Kate Whitney | Government Banking Associate - began her banking career in 2013. She has been in the financial industry for over 10 years.
- Sue Fearn | AVP Cash Management & Government Banking - began her banking career in 1982. She has been in Government Banking since 2008.
Phone: 413-787-2712 | 413-505-9598 (c)
Protect your reputation and reduce expenses. Choose from three levels of personal overdraft protection to help avoid the embarrassment of a declined transaction.
MasterCard® Debit Card with complimentary fraud monitoring program. Pay bills, buy gas, groceries, gifts and more.
Access your account, transfer money, check balances, pay bills and more from your smartphone or tablet. Free with Freedom Checking, Simply Checking, and Growth Checking.