- With a Merchants Bank Debit Card, you can make purchases anywhere that MasterCard® is accepted. Your card functions as a check. You can use it to pay bills such as utilities, insurance and car payments.
- Protect your reputation and reduce personal expenses with Overdraft Protection. Choose from three levels of protection to help avoid the embarrassment of a declined transaction, as well as the high cost of overdraft fees.
- You can reorder checks or order new checks online. You must have a current checking account with us, since your account number is required to order checks.
- Phone Banking is available from any touch-tone phone, including cell phones. Use the system to check account balances transfer funds, make loan payments and more.
- Browse our frequently asked questions about how to make wire transfers, both domestically and internationally.
- Did you know that most of our branches offer safe deposit boxes? Store your valueables with us, and you'll have the piece of mind knowing they are safe. Contact a branch for availability, size and cost.
Free Checking for Life
- For over twelve years we provided a free checking account option to tens of thousands of Vermont families and households. For those customers with questions about their Free Checking for Life account, please contact or visit one of our branches.
Our Adjustable Rate Mortgages can mean powerful savings-with more money in your pocket each month. Plus, our superior, local customer service gives you added peace of mind. Apply today.
Whether it’s home improvement, education expenses or a vacation,
put your home’s equity to work for you. Apply online.
We earn the trust of our clients by combining our unique investment approach with true Vermont values of listening, learning and taking action. Find out more.