- Protect your reputation and reduce personal expenses with Overdraft Coverage that automatically sweeps necessary funds into your account when you need them. At Merchants Bank, our Overdraft Coverage helps you avoid the embarrassment of overdrawing, as well as the high cost of overdraft fees.
- With a Merchants Bank Debit Card, you can make purchases anywhere that MasterCard® is accepted. Your card functions as a check. You can use it to pay bills such as utilities, insurance and car payments.
- You can reorder checks or order new checks online. You must have a current checking account with us, since your account number is required to order checks.
Free Checking for Life
For over twelve years we provided a free checking account option to tens of thousands of Vermont families and households. For those customers with questions about their Free Checking for Life account, please contact or visit one of our branches.
- When it comes to protecting your checking transactions, we've got it covered. With our Overdraft Assurance, you have the confidence of knowing most of your checking transactions will go through - even if there's a temporary negative balance in your account.
Phone Banking is available from any touch-tone phone, including cell phones. Use the system to check account balances transfer funds, make loan payments and more.
- Browse our frequently asked questions about how to make wire transfers, both domestically and internationally.
Whether it’s home improvement, education expenses or a vacation,
put your home’s equity to work for you. Apply online.
Upload any photo you want and add a personal touch to your Merchants Bank Debit Card. Learn more.
Businesses across Vermont choose to work with us for many reasons. We’re sharing 52 of those reasons throughout the year. Click here and see how many we have so far.