When it comes to protecting your checking transactions, we’ve got it covered.
With our Overdraft Assurance, you have the confidence of knowing most of your checking transactions† will go through – even if there’s a temporary negative balance in your account.
This protection applies automatically to your checking account even if you don’t have Overdraft Coverage††. If you are enrolled in Overdraft Coverage, Overdraft Assurance will apply once your Overdraft Coverage has been exhausted.
Overdraft Assurance applies when any of the following overdraw your account:
- Recurring debit card transactions
- Electronic funds transfers
To qualify, accounts must be open for 60 days and maintain a $200 average balance.
Other features available only by opting in to Debit Card Overdraft Assurance:
- One-time debit card transactions
- ATM withdrawals and transfers
- Click Here to get the Opt-In Form
Terms & Conditions
- We honor up to $350 beyond your available checking account balance.
- Overdraft fees charged to the account will reduce the available limit.
- Each item contributing to an aggregate overdraft balance greater than $10 will be charged $30 with a cap of four items charged in one day.
- After three days, a $5 per day fee will apply to continuing overdrawn account balances.
- You have a responsibility to return any negative balance to good standing with a positive balance within 30 days to avoid deactivation of the Overdraft Assurance service and closing of your account. (Future overdraft items may be returned unpaid. An overdraft fee is charged regardless of whether a check or item is paid or returned.)
Click here for Five Ways to Avoid Overdraft Fees.
†Does not apply to Health Savings.
††Overdraft Coverage has a $5.00 fee per transfer
Get cash back on Debit card purchases, enjoy FREE Online and Mobile Banking, surcharge-free access to 55,000 Merchants Bank and Allpoint ATMs. Click here.
Upload any photo you want and add a personal touch to your Merchants Bank Debit Card. Learn more.
Connect all your financial information, including credit cards, loans, investments and more. Try the free demo today.