Pay Other People – POPmoney®
Send money as easily as sending an email or text message, without going to the bank or writing a check.
Just use the POPmoney® personal payment service – available within Online Banking to transfer electronically to/from any person with a U.S. bank account.
All your need is their email address and/or cellphone number to:
- Pay rent or roommates
- Cover shared expenses, like family-plan phone bills
- Reimburse friends
- Send the gift that always fits: money
- Give an allowance
- Pay for babysitting or lawn care
It’s the quick, simple and secure way to move money from your account to theirs – with no need to exchange account numbers, writing a check or going to the ATM.
It’s simple to get started:
- Login to Online Banking
- Go to the “Move Money” tab
- Click “External Transfers” and “Transfer Between My Accounts”
Here’s how it works:
- You enter the recipient’s name, email address and/or cellphone number, and the dollar amount
- An email or text message automatically notifies that recipient
- The recipient securely enters an account number online
That’s it! The money is deposited directly into the account that the recipient chooses. It’s secure, simple and so appreciated.
Additional features include:
- Send money to another person with any U.S. bank account.
- Receive money from others directly into your Merchants Bank account.
- Request money from others.
- Add up to 50 active contacts.
- Establish one-time, scheduled or recurring transfers.
- Choose (within limitations) the delivery speed to meet your needs: Standard (three business days) and Next Day (one business day).
Login and try it! POPmoney
For more information about using POPmoney®, please refer to these FAQ’s
Already have our app? Now, you can do transfer money right from your smart phone. Go to external transfers to try it today!
- See our fee schedule for applicable costs.
Sign up for one of our free classes and get the knowledge you need to make smarter financial decisions.
Protect your reputation and reduce expenses. Choose from three levels of personal overdraft protection to help avoid the embarrassment of a declined transaction.
Access your account, transfer money, check balances, pay bills and more from your smartphone or tablet. Free with Freedom Checking, Simply Checking, and Growth Checking.