Five Ways to Avoid Overdraft Fees
- Use direct deposit for your paycheck so that you have access to your money immediately.
- Keep track of your balance, transactions and automatic payments. View your account online, by phone or at the ATM, 24 hours a day. Merchants Bank offers online banking at mbvt.com and phone banking at 802-865-1695 or 800-852-5969.
- Keep a “pad” or cushion of money in your checking account, just to be safe.
- Link your checking account to a money market or a home equity line of credit. This is a less expensive alternative to using Overdraft Assurance. However, Overdraft Assurance will kick in after these other linked account options are exhausted.
- Merchants Bank Online Banking offers automatic notification when your balance drops below a certain level. Log into your online banking account and click on notifications to customize your notification balance level.
We earn the trust of our clients by combining our unique investment approach with true Vermont values of listening, learning and taking action. Find out more.
The bank’s routing number is: 011600020
Our 4 Business Checking Accounts give you the option to find the account that best matches your business needs. Learn more.