Five Ways to Avoid Overdraft Fees
- Use direct deposit for your paycheck so that you have access to your money immediately.
- Keep track of your balance, transactions and automatic payments. View your account online, by phone or at the ATM, 24 hours a day. Merchants Bank offers online banking at mbvt.com and phone banking at 802-865-1695 or 800-852-5969.
- Keep a “pad” or cushion of money in your checking account, just to be safe.
- Link your checking account to a money market or a home equity line of credit. This is a less expensive alternative to using Overdraft Assurance. However, Overdraft Assurance will kick in after these other linked account options are exhausted.
- Merchants Bank Online Banking offers automatic notification when your balance drops below a certain level. Log into your online banking account and click on notifications to customize your notification balance level.
Businesses across Vermont choose to work with us for many reasons. We’re sharing 52 of those reasons throughout the year. Click here and see how many we have so far.
Use your Debit Card to pay for groceries, gas, movie tickets and more. And Rewards Checking customers earn cash back on all Debit Card purchases. Learn more.
The bank’s routing number is: 011600020