Debit Card Fraud Monitoring Program
To protect your account, we monitor your ATM and debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include a sudden change in locale (such as when a U.S.-issued card is used unexpectedly overseas), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, we’ll be calling you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
- Our automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card.
- You’ll be able to respond via your touchtone keypad.
- You’ll also be provided with a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions.
Our goal, quite simply, is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone number and address at all times.
In the meantime, please be diligent in monitoring transaction activity on your account and contact us immediately if you identify any fraudulent transactions. Here are some additional tips on protecting yourself from debit card fraud:
1. Unless absolutely required for a legitimate business purpose, avoid giving out your:
- Address and ZIP code
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Card or account number
- Card expiration date
Your PIN is private; never give it out.
2. In stores and at ATMs, always cover your card and PIN, and watch for:
- Cell phone cameras, mirrors, or other tools used to view cards and PINs
- People watching your transactions
- Cashiers taking your card out of sight; take it to the register yourself
- Any unusual activity at ATMs; if you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM
3. Online, you should never respond to unsolicited emails that:
- Ask you to verify your card or account number; such emails are not sent by legitimate businesses
- Link to websites; such sites can look legitimate but may collect data or put spyware on your computer
Protect your reputation and reduce expenses. Choose from three levels of personal overdraft protection to help avoid the embarrassment of a declined transaction.
Access your account, transfer money, check balances, pay bills and more from your smartphone or tablet. Free with Freedom Checking, Simply Checking, and Growth Checking.
MasterCard® Debit Card with complimentary fraud monitoring program. Pay bills, buy gas, groceries, gifts and more.